1. Who attends See Jane Do Passion into Action™ Conference? Over 600 Women are expected for the 2012 Passion into Action™ Conference. Historically the majority of attendees reside in California with most from the Northern California area but women have traveled as far as away as Boston, Texas and places afar to join us. Attendees range in age from 20-75 and in our teen track we cater to ages 14-18.
2. Why Passion into Action™ important to women? It is reported that 85% of brand purchases are made by women but women represent less than 15% in executive leadership positions and account for 22% in elected office. In serving as a platform for the voices of women, the Passion Into Action™ Conference creates a space for women to meet, build community, network, explore ideas and transfer ideas into action. We believe that little steps can lead to bigger changes. PIA is one step to empower women to belong, to be inspired and to ignite their passions into action.
3. Should I purchase my tickets in advance? Space is limited and we suspect the conference will sell out. We recommend purchasing your tickets in advance.
4. Are scholarships available? We have a limited number of scholarships available. If you are interested in attending and would like to apply for a scholarship please contact Jennifer@seejanedo.com
5. Are volunteer opportunities available? We have a limited number of volunteer positions available for the conference. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
6. Where is Grass Valley, CA? Grass Valley, CA is located 3 miles from Nevada City, CA. Both are pristine, charming and historic towns located in the Sierra Foothills. Our community revels the days of the wild-west and the discovery of gold and now features a rich arts and music scene along with outdoor adventure. Grass Valley is approximately 1 hour from Truckee, 1 hour from Sacramento, 2 1/2 hours from the Bay Area, and 1 1/2 hours from Chico. The closest airport is in Sacramento.
7. I’m coming from out of town, where should I stay? The conference headquarters is located at The Holiday Inn and Conference Center. You can make reservations at (530) 477-1700. Other near by hotels include The Holbrooke, 212 W. Main Street, Grass Valley (530) 273-1353, Courtyard Suites 210 North Auburn Street, Grass Valley, (530) 272-7696, and Sierra Mountain Inn, 816 West Main St, Grass Valley (800) 377-8133 are conveniently located near all venues. In the area there are many B&Bs and small hotel options: Nevada City or Grass Valley.
8. Is food provided at the conference? Continental breakfast is provided on Saturday. Saturday lunch and Sunday breakfast are included with the purchase of the Women’s Weekend Conference Package only. All other ticket options do not include Saturday lunch or Sunday Breakfast but you can opt to purchase lunch or breakfast separately.
9. Should I attend the entire conference or can I just go to the Opening Night Gala or Saturday Day only? We recommend the entire weekend as it is full of phenomenal activities geared to inspire and ignite. But, we understand that is not feasible for everyone and are offering a la carte ticket sales so you can attend where it best suits your schedule. Participate when you can, but we recommend you purchase your ticket in advance. We suspect the event will sell out and there are no discounts for half days.
10. Who can attend the Opening Night Gala? Our Friday event is designed to kick off the weekend and include the entire community to celebrate International Women’s Day. Tickets are priced affordably. Please bring spouses, friends and family. Children under 14 are not recommended.
11. Do I need to sign up any of the sessions or workshops? All registrants will receive a detailed agenda and based on the ticket you purchased you will be able to sign-up in advance for sessions and workshops. The workshops are intended to be hands-on, experiential, meaningful, and fun.
12. What is the dress-code? There is no specific dress-code for the event. Dress comfortably, dress up, dress down, it’s your conference to shine and have fun!
13. What is See Jane Do? See Jane Do is a social change organization that redefines media for women and the power of story to create positive change. We capture the stories of everyday women doing extraordinary things for the planet and showcase women who are turning their passion into action. Today we offer a radio program sponsored by KVMR Radio, Nevada City, CA which is in the process of being packaged for syndication, our multi-media website, the See Jane Do Passion into Action Conference™ and Media Lounge.
14. What is the See Jane Do Passion into Action Conference™? The See Jane Do Passion in Action Conference™ today is annual and is designed to serve the rural American woman by providing education, information and tools to power their passion. By empowering the women of small towns we see community members who are vested on a personal level and who are actively shifting the balance not only of women leadership in their communities but are affecting positive change in government, sustainability and their local economies improving their lives and others.
In 2010, See Jane Do organized the first ever sold out Passion into Action™ Women’s Conference and expanded the event in 2011 to include an extremely well received Teen program. Former keynote speakers include Gloria Feldt, Jean Shinoda Bolen, Nina Simons, Kathy LeMay, Tiffany Dufu, and Linda Tarr Whelan.
In addition to our annual conference and our current Soiree’s into Action (parties with a purpose), we anticipate launching regional PIA conferences across the country, and uniting local groups of women connecting them globally via our media program and website. See Jane Do for 2011 has also launched regional workshops and online webinars to provide tools to help support women to “turn their passions into action.” In 2008, See Jane Do’s Co-founder Jesse Locks organized the first ever Ladyfest Nevada County. With tremendous support from our community, See Jane Do is infusing the spirit and fun of Ladyfest along with transformative tools everyday women can utilize to incorporate their passion and create a positive difference in their community and beyond. Our website (www.seejanedo.com) houses past radio shows, articles, videos, podcasts and other news.
15. What is the relationship between Gather the Women and See Jane Do? See Jane Do partners with other organizations serving women to further programming, extend resources, impact and promote positive change in our world. Gather the Women of Nevada County and See Jane Do have supported each other as local organizations since See Jane Do’s inception.
16. Who or What is Gather the Women? Gather the Women of Nevada County is an affiliate of Gather the Women Global Matrix and one of some 40 regions nationally and internationally. Their purpose is to bring women together to inspire, connect, network, collaborate, gain support and deepen our sisterhood. Gather the Women connects women together by offering a variety of special events from film to town halls. Each year they celebrate International Women’s Day on or around March 8th bringing over 300 women together.
17. Who do the proceeds of Passion into Action™ benefit? In support of everyday women doing their part for the planet, a percentage of the proceeds from the conference will go to a selected organization/s that are working to enhance and improve issues that effect women. In previous years we supported Women of Worth, the Friendship Club and the Women’s Earth Alliance. The balance of the funds supports See Jane Do’s ongoing activities including the radio show and seejanedo.com.
18. I want to help sponsor the event? We have several sponsorship levels available for businesses and individuals. Elisa Parker at Elisa@seejanedo.com for more information. Click here for more information and to download our sponsorship packet and exhibitor information.
19. Do I have to be a See Jane Do Member to attend Passion into Action™? No. The event is open to all. We do hope that you will consider a membership as new members receive $10 off at the time of registration. See Jane Do Membership dollars helps to support our award-winning radio show, the Passion Into Action Conference, and an array of diverse events, programs and soirees to help you turn your passion into action. Members benefit from exclusive member only events and offers, early-bird registration discounts, webinars, resources and access to our member directory to network. Members are invited to our See Jane Do members reception with Frances Moore Lappe’ on Friday, October 12th, 2012.
20. Where should I park? Free parking is available on-site at the Holiday Inn and Grass Valley Memorial Veteran’s Hall.
21. Will there be a shuttle between the multiple venues? Yes we will have a shuttle as well all venues are conveniently located 5-10 minute walking distance apart.
22. May I bring my children? Babies six months or younger are welcome. At this point we will not have on-site childcare.
23. Are men allowed to attend the event? Absolutely. While the event is designed for women, we suspect men would find value in many of the sessions as well.
24. Can I pass out materials at the event? Please bring your business cards! This is an opportunity for you to connect with others and share your passion. We ask that you not place promotional materials on chairs or tables (sharing face to face is fine). Should you wish to further promote your business please contact us about sponsorship opportunities, advertising or space at the expo area at email@example.com
24. I would like to cover this event or interview a keynote speaker or presenter. Who should I contact to receive a press pass or to arrange an interview? For press inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org